Sunday, November 21, 2010

eating grass and takin' names


During the Alabama game, the camera caught LSU coach, Les Miles, munching on a blade of grass. When questioned about this odd ritual he responded,

"I have a little tradition that humbles me as a man, that lets me know that I'm a part of the field and part of the game," Miles said Saturday, as only he could, when asked about being caught on camera ingesting a blade of grass during the Alabama game. "You should have seen some games before this. I can tell you one thing: The grass in Tiger Stadium tastes best."

When it comes to football, I find myself a bit superstitious. I'll wear the same shirt, jewelry, shoes, etc. This past week the Ole Miss vs LSU game was a bit too tense and close for my liking. In the fourth quarter I decided to join Les Miles and munch down on some turf. Call me crazy for doing it but hey, we won!
Later, Kevin tells me that he has Sanford Stadium grass in his backyard. Before his mission, they patched their backyard grass with the sod from the stadium. And not just any grass, but the grass from the "G", the center of the field. "How could we be together this long and you never share this with me!?" I exclaimed, "Do you have any idea the people who have walked on the grass? Pros! Amazing coaches! IT'S FOOTBALL!" My dad and I think that they could have made serious money off of that sod. If it was Death Valley grass, I would have fenced that off, built a little shrine, and placed a sign stating,
"No Dawgs allowed".

** Disclaimer: Some of you may think this is ridiculous. But this gives you an idea of just how important football is in our lives. Obsessive you may call it but this is a way of life and how we were raised. Can't change that so eat it :)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know the Bradley's had Sanford Stadium turf in their yard! How did they get it???

    ReplyDelete