Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Race for the Cure

I know, I'm posting this very late, sorry! Things don't seem to slow down too much here however we do enjoy the quick pace and keeping busy. I think it helps us value our free time that much more when we get it.
At the beginning of May the hubby and I went down to Salt Lake City. Meg, Keni, Lindsey, Grandma and I got together to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Saturday. It was a pretty neat experience for me. This was my first race and there were so many people (around 20,000)! It was so incredible at the start of the race and it was the neatest thing to experience. Some people were running in memory of those they had lost or in celebration of those who had overcame the illness. When we were 1.5 miles into it, I turned to look down John Stockton Drive and as far as I could see back there were participants. Incredible!At the end of the race all breast cancer survivors and newly diagnosed people march in a parade and take a picture together. If I remember right, there were over 200 there. There was even a lady that had been a breast cancer survivor for 45 years! Grandma got to walk and participate in the events and get goodies, flowers, etc. Can you see her waving to us?I'm glad I was able to participate and I appreciate those who sponsored me! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet experience! It's inspiring to see that many people gathered together for one important cause. Glad you got to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete