Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Days

We've had an exciting summer and have kept busy. I've blogged about a few things, our anniversary, Casey's wedding, and the Bradley Family reunion. But there are a few activities I haven't blogged about so here are some pictures of what we have been up to.

We got together with some friends from the ward and went to the sand dunes for a bonfire and smores.
We celebrated our 1 year anniversary!
We were so excited to eat our cake topper cause our wedding cake was amazing. We talked about how excited we were to eat it about a dozen or so times throughout the year.
Our first visitors are some of my favorite people. My family! We had so much fun going to BearWorld, the spray park, museums, and park city. The weather was so nice we had picnics in our front yard for dinners. We took the kids one evening to a camp ground and built a fire and roasted smores. We loved having them here!
I turned another year older... Yikes! Since Grandma and Grandpa just moved into their new home, we didn't have candles. So my dad lit some toothpicks and had me blow those out.
We have a drive in theater close to where we live. They usually show two movies each night so we watched Toy Story 3 and Eclipse. We went a little early to get a good spot. We played uno until the movie began.We brought pillows and blankets and munched on sour gummy worms and skittles. It gets cool so we turned the car off, rolled the windows down and listened to it on our radio. About 5 minutes left for Toy Story... the car died. Ooooh No! We had a couple next to us jump Marley and we let the car run for Eclipse. The guy who was so helpful said that it had happened to him the first time he had went to the drive in. Now he doesn't risk it and just leaves his car running. We for sure learned our lesson!I have had a bit more time on my hands so we have been trying different recipes lately. It is nice to not eat the same things all the time. Recently, I attempted a homemade pizza and it was pretty yummy.
I thought Mom Bradley would be excited to know that the pizza dough rose and did everything that it was supposed to! I've struggled with using yeast, making pastries, rolls, etc. I was almost sure that this would not work but thought I would give it a try. After all, the recipe was for "Easy Pizza dough". I thought surely it should work and .... tah dah!

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute Emily! I hope all goes well and that something will pop up soon! I miss you, but it looks like Im coming out for a few days in September so I hope to see you then!

    ReplyDelete