Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small chunks)
- finely chopped onion, celery, and carrot (maybe 2 cups total?)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- additional herbs, if desired (such as rosemary, parsley)
In a stockpot, saute vegetables and chicken until almost done. Add water, soups, seasonings, and rice. Simmer until rice is cooked, about 20 minutes.
Adding the Rosemary and parsley really add a fall flavor and I thought tasted quite yummy.
If you plan on carving pumpkins this season, don't throw away those seeds! Here is a yummy treat that I have tried in the past and we really enjoy them.
Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
Preheat over to 275 degrees. Combine the margarine, salt, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce and pumpkin seeds. Mix thoroughly and place in shallow baking dish. Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.